sweets for some sweeties and "Mer" no reading today!!!

Next month I will be co-hosting a baby shower for my sweet friend Jennifer. She is have baby #2...a girl...another girl. Pink is so great! She and her husband are thrilled to be adding to their clan. This was the cake that I had done for her 1st baby shower (with girl #1, Aubrey).
My husband and Jenn's husband work together...they are home builders. So we did a little "Miss Construction" theme. It was cute...look at those little fondant tools! And OH YEA, the cake was yum-o!
(ignore the glimpse of my baker's feet in the picture!! ha!!)



And my swap package came in this week!!!! Here is a hint of what all was inside. LOTS and lot's of goodies...this one is so interesting it HAD to be shared...



AND- did some shopping today for baby Mia. She is due to arrive later this month. Somewhere around Feb 22nd. (I am hoping for the 18th so that we can share a birthday!)
A shower is being given for her mommy, Meredith, this weekend. Of course I had to stop by POPIN for gifts...here is one of them...hope Mer's not reading!!!!
If you have a baby, are going to have a baby, or know someone who is- you HAVE to have a pack of these Trumpettes! LOVE THEM! (Wendy, do they make it in ladies size 8 1/2????) tee hee.

4 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

darling cake!!! so clever!
have a great weekend!
jessi

Anonymous said...

Kakes by Katie are the best...aren't they! Glad you're using Katie for your cakes!

http://kakesbykatie.com/folderview1.asp?folder=Special&page=9

Melody said...

Katie rocks!, I use her for all of my cakes. I wouldn't have it any other way. I actually plan my kids Birthday parties around her schedule so I can make sure she is available. Yummy!.....I can almost smell that delicious icing of hers!.

Sarah said...

Ooooh! We have these socks too. Love them. Cake is great. I got into cake making last year. Not so much. I will make them for my girls only but just not my thing!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

The scrumptious Chaise

The scrumptious Chaise