Paula's Party Appearance

I love to win stuff! (who doesn't??) Now, I am NOT the kind of person to enter every contest and free offer...but I dabble and am mildly famous in my family for winning totally random things!
The year I was pregnant with Hayden I won a year lease on a Mercedes (that was fun!). A year after that I won a $3500 closet makeover by California Closets (don't ask how, it is embarrassing!)
But...one of my all time favorite wins was this past summer. I got a call that I had won an opportunity to attend the taping of Paula Deen's (then new) show Paula's Party!
Now I LOVE Paula Deen. I mean, if I could adopt her- I WOULD! And so - this just totally tickled me :) So, last Fall my mom and I (I was able to take 1 guest) packed up and headed to Savannah for the taping (and a little girly time in Savannah of course).
AND to top it all off, Mrs. Deen the Queen of Southern Cuisine herself picked ME to help her during a segment!! I mean, come on! Jesus can take me right now! :)
So, if you tune in tonight you will get a good giggle watching me hula (and cook a little) with Miss Paula herself.
Note to all viewers AND anyone I have ever told that I don't like to diet: :~)
This was taped 2 1/2 weeks after I gave birth...so, don't be incredibly shocked when I look a little "puffy" ;~). Yes, I was still healing. Yes, I was probably nuts for going but momma was with me and she IS a retired nurse- so I felt pretty good about it- Thanks Mom! And Yes, I am about 25 lbs lighter now. :~) And Heck-Fire, I would do it all over again even if it was the same day I gave birth! It was TOOOOOO fun :)

Paula's Party (Luau Theme)
Friday, January 26th
10pm EST
on the Food Network

Mom and I at the famous Lady and Sons
http://www.ladyandsons.com/














The set after the taping

from left~ Jamie, Paula and Bobby Deen

1 comment:

deb said...

Boy you win GOOD stuff! If I win anything it's never very exciting. :) I adore Paula too. Her energy alone is so fun to watch. What fun!

The scrumptious Chaise

The scrumptious Chaise