All children should dress "sweet" for a time

I love to dress my children "sweet"...which is a term southerners use for clothing that is usually smocked or embroidered or has some kind of heirloom quality.
My dear husband and I differ in opinion as to when our son - who is now 2 yrs old- should no longer dress this way...but for now our compromise is- I dress him 5 days a week and on special occassions and my husband can dress him on Saturdays and some Sundays.
That sounds fair doesn't it ;~)
After I had my daughter--who is now 4 yrs old- I began to get the sewing itch. Now I enjoy doing occassional heirloom sewing for my children and my niece Anabelle. I think it is nice for children to wear these sweet things...if only for a time. They are beautiful on and so traditional. And such precious heirlooms for generations to come.




Here are 2 pieces I made for Anabelle before she was born--a white bonnet with our family initial "C" embroidered. And a blue bishop that may not fit her until she is 2 yrs old! But it was fun to make :)










1 comment:

Tracy said...

Jeanie you do such beautiful work, I surely wish I had the patience to learn such skill!

The scrumptious Chaise

The scrumptious Chaise