Happy, Happy Birthday Party!

Well, yesterday I hit the big 2-9 (29 years old that is) and my hubby, Ashley, will be 30 years old on Wednesday! In honor of our dueling birthday's I would like to have a much loved birthday party/contest. Here's the scoop (mmmm, that makes me think of ice cream with my cake!)...I have encountered a fun tin that once held the Arizona Peach Iced Tea packets I purchased. It is begging for something creative to be done with it so that it can go on in life being useful and crafty-cute! So, comment with your name and what you think should be done with the potential art palette of a tin and I will a) draw a random winner from the names of you folks that contribute and b) choose one of the ideas and apply it to the tin container.
So (if that wasn't confusing enough) there will be 2 winners:
The random name drawn and The person who contributes MOST creative/useful/funky/fun idea for the tin. The winners will receive a birthday party favor surprise! Alas- I will also post pictures of the finished tin :) Contest (birthday party) ends Thursday, Feb 22nd at 12noon.

Here is the tin as it stands now...about 9 inches tall with a neat sort-of-octagonal shape and matching tin lid.
And for breakfast this morning...one guess...that's right, left over BIRTHDAY CAKE! Yummy carrot cake (with cream cheese frosting of course), a steaming cup o' joe AND the sweet smell of my tangerine colored birthday roses (from my sweet hubby). Ahhh- this is the life! (wish blogging were scratch and sniff!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very very Happy birthday to you!!

How fun ..you and your man celebrating bdays so close!! : )

Hmm..For your tin..maybe decoupaging vintage cookbook pages..and a retro/vintage graphic, front and center over them...you could keep coupons..or recipe clippings in it? Well..that is most likely what I would do with it! : )

Maybe some ribbon or bakery twine tied around it too. and tiny dollhouse sized baking implements or cake toppers hanging?

Ohhh and bday cake for breakfast is a MUST!!! : )

Enjoy your bday week!
xoxo Jenny

Delaney Gates said...

Totally wish it could be scratch and sniff! Lol. And the piece of birthday cake for breakfast?! I totally do that too!

SOINSPIRED said...

I think you should mod podge scrapbook paper on it, add a few rub ons and finish it off with a border of pom poms to hold some of your scrapbook/art supplies in on your craft desk. Happy Birthday you young thing!

deb said...

Happiest of birthdays to you! I'm an aquarian too! :) I'm thinking decopaging with papers/ribbon and using it for your pasta since it's tall and thin. Lots of kitcheny colors and embellies!

Wendy Updegraff said...

Happy B-day (you were right, still trying to do some crafts even though I feel like I am on my death bed)I would use it to hold pieces of paper with creative tasks on it. Then when I am feeling crafty but having no one thing in mind, I would pull out a task (scrapbook, watercolor, decoupage, journal, shop on eBay, re-read creative magazines, etc.). The outside I would spray paint silver, once dry, glue swirls then coat with glitter...a person always becomes more creative with glitter around!

The scrumptious Chaise

The scrumptious Chaise